Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Procrastination at it's finest

I have to take (and PASS) a Biology Praxis exam this Saturday for my grad school application and I'm super intimidated by it. Naturally, in true procrastinator style, I have been putting off any and all studying until the last possible moment. Today, I finally dusted off my books for a hardcore study session and all of the sudden, everyone in the entire world thinks it's totally cool to engage me in conversation, blast music, turn the TV on to something hilarious that I can't help but listen in on, maniacal crackhead antics, what have you.

I have had a few days straight of peace and quiet, but now that I'm trying to get stuff done nobody wants to leave me alone. C'MON PEOPLE! Do you not see an enormous textbook in front of me and the pained expression spread across my face when you interrupt? Seriously, guys... Really?

PLUS family drama on top of all this. Oh boy, oh boy. Lucky me.

My joints having been aching all day from the killer 40 minute run, so I initially decided that I would use today as a rest day for my poor body. The Geek Squad showed up at my house though, and Slug (my ferocious Maltese) started barking at them relentlessly. It was grating on their and, more importantly, my nerves so I took him out for a walk. The walk evolved into a run just for the hell of it... so kudos to me for getting my ass moving on my supposed "rest day". I did not, however, run 40 minutes. Hell to the no. More like 20-30ish, but I honestly didn't even time it. I do know for sure that it was approximately 2 miles. Not too shabby.



I have been exercising consistently for over a month now, but have yet to see any weight come off. I officially hate that scale. I step on it, hoping to see the numbers drop, but always walk away full of disappointment. I haven't been dieting at all, and I don't really want to, but perhaps that's what I need to get the ball going in the right direction. I'm just so tired of all the crash diets and starvation I've put myself through in the past. Dieting always seemed like a short-term solution, so I need to be conscious about making changes that will last in the long run.

Easier said than done.

Gah! After this exam is over and I'm a bit less stressed, I'll devise a solid plan that I can stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment